About me

I am an active composer, music teacher, and organizer of music events. I share an occasional Music as Meditation concert with listeners and fellow musicians and I organize several concerts of new music each year. I use this blog to tell people about my musical endeavors and as a home for my virtual busking basket. If you want to support my musical efforts financially, please look for the donate button on the right-hand side of this page. You can find pages about The Davis Hill Studio on this blog. Look for the orange links on the right-hand side of the page.

Monday, August 29, 2022

 

Open Piano Evening 

at the Little White Church in Eaton, New Hampshire



There is a newly-refurbished piano in our seven-town-universe. It's at the Little White Church in Eaton, New Hampshire. To share this grand gift of the community in Eaton, I'm planning an open piano evening on September 15, from 7-8:30 PM. An open piano evening is a lot like an open mic with some key differences. It's a piano, not a microphone. There won't be any amplified music at this event. There is some planning involved. People interested in playing need to contact me at ellen.m.schwindt@gmail.com. I'll be planning for a diverse program that will truly fit inside an hour and a half.  After all, September 15th is a school night.

I'm excited to offer this music opportunity to my fellow musicians and listeners in the community. As you might expect, if you've followed some of my work over the last several years, there will be classical music on the program. Anchoring it are two canonical pieces. Charlotte Gill and I will perform Mozart's piano and violin sonata, K. 304, composed in Paris in the early summer of 1778. It's one of my favorite pieces of music; perfectly proportioned and full of pathos. I never tire of returning to it. Maisie Brown, a teen pianist in my studio, offers us a chance to hear Debussy's Arabesque number 1, a piece sure to evoke memories of all the bubbling brooks you've had a chance to sit beside this summer.

Admission to this open piano concert is by donation. Donations will go to the support of The Little White Church and to the upkeep of the fabulous piano there. For more information, please contact me at ellen.m.schwindt@gmail.com or at 603-307-0825.

No comments:

Post a Comment