About me

I am an active composer, music teacher, and organizer of music events. I share an occasional Music as Meditation concert with listeners and fellow musicians and I organize several concerts of new music each year. I use this blog to tell people about my musical endeavors and as a home for my virtual busking basket. If you want to support my musical efforts financially, please look for the donate button on the right-hand side of this page. You can find pages about The Davis Hill Studio on this blog. Look for the orange links on the right-hand side of the page.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

     Finally! There is a composition of mine on You-Tube. Search on Viola Sonata Allegretto and you will find the first movement of the sonata I wrote last year. Chris Nourse helped me refine it and then premiered it with me in November of 2013. Chad Cummings recorded it. And now, finally, I've posted it.

     I hope that other violists and pianists will find it satisfying to play. You can download the sheet music here. As I like to do, I'm holding a creative commons license, but I welcome non-commercial use with credit.

     Here's the picture I decided to attach to the video. I think the textures could correlate to the varied textures of the piece. But maybe that's a bit abstract. I hope you enjoy the music.


No comments:

Post a Comment